Saturday, September 13, 2008

Belated Labor Day Pics

We absolutely love going up to Boone to stay with Mike and Lisa Flanigan (Chris's parents) when ever we get the chance! The Flanigans are a blast to hang out with and SO very hospitable. Their house sits in a very peaceful valley with an abundance of outdoor activities all over the place. With a pool table and a Wii, there is also an abundance of indoor activities:) On this trip we went to the Mast General Store and the Candy Barrel. Mmmmm!
The place is PACKED with candy! David and I bought $10 worth! But then I left the bag on a low coffee table in the basement and the Flan's two dogs had a feast that night:) Oh well! And I grew up in a house with a dog. You'd think I'd remember not to leave anything edible down where they can help themselves!
Why, it's a Confederate soldier and a train conductor! Hehe, Kath and I thought Chris looked very authentic and that Dave looked like a little boy who was super excited about a museum display! 
We broke open our candy bags as soon as we hit the parking lot:)
Lovin' my tiny girl
Sweet friend:)
Do they look for real? No, we didn't think so either.
Gigantic willow in their back yard.
Midday snack at the super old and super cool Boone Pharmacy. Been there since the 1800's! 



A walk around Bass Lake. It's a very plain name for a beautiful place. As you can see the Lord sent PERFECT weather! It was cool too:) A beautiful foretaste of Fall.


Shortly after that we headed back home. It was a very lovely and relaxing time!

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I loved going to Boone last year (its hard to believe I was barely pregnant a year ago!)! Enjoyed all the pictures too!

kendra said...

it looks like you had the most fun ever. that is tragic about your candy. i am so sorry.
really.
i

Ashley said...

yummmm i love that candy store...I believe Aaron and I spent alot more than 10 when we went there last year and it all melted in the car on the way home! Looks like you had fun!

Anonymous said...

i would like for you to please update your blog.
this is how i keep up with your life.
help me out here.


liz


ha. just kidding. wouldn't that be the worst if we kept up with each other only via our blogs...baha.

kendra said...

zoo pics are up.