Back on Mother's Day Sunday David took me up to the Biltmore in Ashville as my birthday gift! It was the PERFECT gift:) I absolutely love the Biltmore. I first went about 10 years ago. It was Christmas time and my Granma and Aunt Allie were with us. I was instantly captured by the beauty, and other wordly-ness of the whole Biltmore Estate. Ever since it's been one of my favorite places. It's also where David proposed to me!!! I said yes.
This huge veranda is one of the most wonderful places in the house. It looks out over a panorama of mountains, sky, fields, and a distant pond. It's stunning. There is always a breeze on this porch it seems. If I had lived in the Biltmore this would have been my favorite place!
This picture does no justice to the view, but you can get an idea.
Huge fish!
You can't tell from this picture, but this tree was HUGE. It had one of the thickest trunks I have ever seen! I absolutely love trees.
The bench where we got engaged! The sun was very much in our faces:)
One of the things that David said made him want to propose here is that it's a place that will never change. We will always be able to go back to this spot!
Of course we had to get some fun and silly pictures!
These are our "mystic" faces
I'm not a huge fan of orchids but the leaves of this plant were SO beautiful. I have never seen a bright pink and green leaf before.
The house
It was a really sweet day! I so enjoyed all the "just us" time with Dave. We really missed Kate though:) I am wondering how we will make it though a whole weekend in Charleston with out her in a few days!
1 comment:
Maytee, I went to the Biltmore last December and wrote about it for Richmond magazine's home publication and it was the best! I love Asheville and the Biltmore and bought a little painting there that I have in my room. I'm so glad you had such a sweet time. Love you lots! <3
Post a Comment