The most frequently asked question I get about Kate is, "Is she crawling yet?" The answer is still no, but she makes little attempts at movement. Such as the other day when I set her down near this basket and went into the kitchen. I came back to fine this:
Yeah, she was trying to bite the prong on the basket. Not the safest thing considering her precarious position:)
I sat her back down and she immediately pulled back up.
Two Saturdays ago Kate woke up and started clapping! I was so thrilled because it's super cute and I couldn't figure out how she had learned. I thought she was brilliant until I found out Minnie had been showing her how the night before:) It's still one of the cutest things I've ever seen her do. All I have to do now is say, "Yaaay!" and she'll start up (most of the time.)
Rather then practicing crawling, Kate LOVES to stand up holding onto the furniture.
It's the only thing she'll do happily for any length of time right now. You can just tell she is so
proud of herself! She does knee bends and head bops and pounds the table.
The past two Sundays she's fallen asleep on the way home from church and just keeps
sleeping when David carries her inside. It's so sweet!
4 comments:
tell her she needs to practice drinking from a straw... on aunt kenni date day she can drink from mr. octopus!
Anne these pictures are absolutely adorable! Have a wonderful visit in Knoxville! I cannot wait to see lots of fun sister/cousin photos when you get back.
Kate is so beautiful and has those lovely chubby-cheeks - she is so kissable and huggable looking!!! Like a dolly!
The crawling question you are taking with much grace... I know people just like to ask and it's a natural next step. But, the thing is, since babies are sleep on their backs now instead of bellies like 5-years-ago and prior, they are crawling later. It's a fact.
That encouraged me, because I was feeling a little pressure from others always asking that (and wondering why she hated tummy time so much). Anyway, our girlies are made perfectly by God, and we're just suppose to be loving mothers to them. They will reach their milestones eventually! Not sure if that was applicable to you or not, but God was dealing with my concern for what she is/isn't doing and not being intimidated by people's questions.
The pink flower dress is so cute!!! So is her fluffy hair. :)
Aww, I love the way babies look when they are sound asleep like that!
I wouldn't be concerned about a lack of crawling at her age (and you know i worry about milestones!). Maybe concerned at 10 months, but not 8 or 9. Its great she is trying to move around and is standing up!
Post a Comment