My poor girl has had a rough go of it lately!
Last Thursday I was getting her ready to go to the pool and, in a moment of insanity, I put the sunblock (which says it won't sting eyes) on her eyelids. Of course, it got in her eyes, and did sting, and then she started rubbing them with her sunscreen covered hands. Many minutes of crying insued which ended with me having to hang her head over the sink to wash the sunscreen out of her eyes. By then I was almost crying too it was so sad! Kate was shaking and screaming. It was really awful:(
But, she recovered beautifully. I took a few pictures of her red, swollen face to remember the truama!
We ended up not going to the pool. I love her in her swim suit:)
Then, over the weekend, she came down with a virus! She has had a fever for about 4 days and is so unhappy. These pictures are from this morning. She was watching TV and just looked so pitiful! I am really praying that she will wake up feeling better tomorrow!
4 comments:
What a tough week you've both had!! She looks so sad :( But her swimsuit it super cute! Praying for a quick recovery!
Hey Anne! I must admit, I visit your blog too :) Your girl is so cute, and such a pistol! She has the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen.
I've scalded both of my girls' corneas multiple times with the sunscreen, so don't feel bad.
So sorry to hear she's sick!
Poor little Kate. I'm getting all too familiar with those sick eyes in my girls...they are so pitiful. Glad to hear she's doing better.
The pictures make me sad too. I know as a mommy it's the LAST thing we want, our babies to battle sickness.
The sunscreen?! Sounds like something I'd do. Seriously. You are a good mommy to just wash it out even though it probably made her even madder. I think the ironic part was how the pool wasn't even an option at that point - I have been there!
I LOVE Kate in her swimsuit! Elyana's have been two-piece "shirt" type ones so far, but this makes me want to get her a more traditional one, especially since I love the fat baby arms in spaghetti straps. :)
Post a Comment