Thursday, August 13, 2009

9 Month Stats

At her 9 month (almost 10 actually) check up today Kate checked out good and healthy!
She is:
19 lbs 9 oz which is the 50th %, she is slimming down!
28.5 inches long which is still 75th %
and a 50th % head still
I asked her pediatrician about the fact that Kate isn't crawling and she said that crawling is not a developmental milestone and it's fine that she isn't even close! This past week Kate has started cruising all around on the furniture and Doctor Perterson said she thinks Kate will be an early walker and that she might never crawl at all. That was good to hear that she is just fine:)
So it was a good appointment!

6 comments:

meghann said...

for what it's worth...jake didn't crawl till 10 1/2 months or walk till 17 months....yet he can keep up with the rest of them ''early movers'' now:) she will do it when she ''feels'' like it;) what a cutie!

Carolyn said...

There is quite a controversary out there about whether crawling is important. But since she is really doing great (from what I can tell) in all areas of development I don't think its a big deal.

Denise said...

I love that cute little face!!! Who do people say she looks like? I see both you and David in her!

Happy 9-month birthday Kate!

Jeanie said...

I just love the Daddy-Kate pictures. Adorable!

Erin said...

She's so cute. I think her daddy loves her.

Brooke didn't crawl much, she did exactly what Kate is doing, and started walking at 9 1/2 months. Every baby is different.

Ashley said...

Kate is beautiful. Good pic of her and Dave :).