Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Where are you Spring?

There is not much exciting going on in the Malament household this looooong, coooold, snoooowy winter. I can honestly say that I have never longed for Spring the way I do this year! Warm, sunny days, and soft, breezy nights feel like a dream that might not ever be reality again! Kate has quite a wardrobe of cute warm weather dresses built up and I am so eager to be able to put them on her, haha.
We have had a few days recently that weren't bitterly cold and I was able to take Kate outside for a bit. She has discovered a new love! She adores the outdoors (her daddy coming out in her:) I let her go out on the back porch a couple times recently and now she'll go up to the back door and ask to go out. When we're outside she loves to point at things and say, "Oh, WOAH!" Which is her newest phrase. She tried to eat some dirt and mulch, but after I told her it was yucky she looks at it and says, "Blech." She gets very fascinated by seeing airplanes fly over head and even if we are inside and she hears one she stops to listen intently. I also have taken her to the play ground a couple of times. She is too small to climb on the equipment by herself yet, but by the Summer she'll be all over it I'm sure!
An area you can pray for if it crosses your mind is the sale of our house. We put it on the market back in January and have had lots of showings but no offers. When we decided to put it on the market we knew it would be tough to sell right now, but we really wanted to see if God might move us on. We want to stay in our same neighborhood, but invest in a bigger home while interest rates are so low. Our prayer is that God would show us his will for what house we are to live in right now and for us to be content with that. I love our little house and I know we could be happy here for several more years, but the idea of having a big "long term" home is very alluring. Especially because there is a home very near by that I would LOVE to own, and it's come down $15,000 since it went on the market making it a better and better deal. So, if you would like to join us in praying that God would make his will plain (which he will if our house doesn't sell, haha, we kind of can't miss him on this. We can't force our house to sell) we would appreciate it!

Here are the requested pictures of Kate!

She still loves to read books and the other day she was being so quiet behind the couch. I looked back and found her intently reading to herself:)
This is when she was out on the porch. I went out right after I took these, I didn't leave her out there alone, hehe.
Having so much fun running back and forth!
She is so curious! I love it when she bends down like this to examine something.
I posted this on Facebook but thought it deserved a repeat:) Gotta love those chocolate cookies!
Lately Kate has been climbing in to our book basket everyday and "reading" our books. It really cracks me up the way she sits on the pile of books and looks so pleased with herself.
I am pretty sure she's going to keep her big, blue eyes.
We got her the Jesus Storybook Bible and she LOVES it. She says, "Bible" and asks us to look at it with her lots. She really likes this page with various famous bible characters and points at certain ones each time. She is particularly fond of Mary. By the way, it is not warm enough for a short sleeved dress and bare feet but she was tying on a dress from my Aunt Allie so we could sent her a picture:)

3 comments:

B. Emerson said...

Kate has such beautiful eyes! :) I'm praying your house will sell soon and that God would bring warm weather, too. It's been snowing here in Richmond, too. I'm ready for iced drinks, summer and flip-flops, too.

Will K. said...

Great pictures of our little Katum's! Laurel likes the Mary on that page too!! She repeatedly calls her "baby"...hehe

Anonymous said...

I love this post. And I have been praying for the house stuff! God has sweet plans - He told me so ;)
-Aunt Kat