Wow! Sam is 6 months old (as of June 14th.) The last month has brought a ton of changes for him!
-He sprouted his first two teeth (bottom left, then right)
- Learned to sit up.
- Can hold and examine toys and get them to his mouth, also transfer from hand to hand (this, combined with sitting, makes for wonderful play times for him!)
-Started solid foods which he devours without spilling more then a drop or two. So far he has had sweet potatoes, pears, and carrots. He has eaten all three with equal eagerness. I love how he opens his mouth and sometimes sticks his tongue out for another bite!
-He has begun holding his arms out to the sides when he wants to be picked up. It is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. If I ask him if he wants "up" he'll hold out his arms and wait for me to get him. Adorable I must say!
-He has gotten a little habit of slapping his right hand on his leg, or high chair tray, or whatever is there. It's really funny.
I took him to his 6 month appointment last Monday and his stats are as follows: 20 pounds 4 ounces (90%), 27 inches (75%), head is 43 cm (25%.) I asked the doctor if it's bad for his head to be so small compared to his body. She said that because he has followed the same growth curve and is meeting his milestones there is no reason to worry! While he still has some flatness to his head we are still waiting on the helmet because it has gotten better. His doctor doesn't think he'll need one at all!
1 comment:
Sounds like good stuff all around!!! :)
Post a Comment