It is a huge area of temptation in my life to look ahead to changes that I see on the horizon and to immediately decide what the worst possible outcome of that change is and then assume that that is what WILL happen. I run down the path of graceless imagined fears. This leads to so much lack of joy and distraction from what God has called me to today. However, The Spirit has been reminding me so sweetly lately that every change He has ever brought into my life, be it nursing school, marriage, moving to a new house, has always (without fail!) been fully more wonderful then I ever expected. None of the things I feared in those situations came to pass. He has always been faithful!
I want to honor my Saviour by trusting Him for the future and leaving it in the future. I know that should He allow trial and suffering to befall us (as I am sure one day it will) His grace will sustain me then....but it cannot do so now. Oh, to live fully in the beautiful grace of TODAY!
3 comments:
i see you growing in your hope for "future grace", dear friend! As Jenny says, we'll never regret trusting in God.
i like that you assume i didn't buy it from aunt dee right then and there...
no, i found your present. A blast from the past, you might say. I will give you a hint: you need to put it in front of your front door sometimes... and it rhymes with "lucky"
So true! I have found this to be essential during each of the transitions in my life, whether its getting married, having kids, facing autism, moving, etc... Thank goodness we only have to take life one step at a time! :D Otherwise I think we would all stay stuck in the exact same season all our lives for fear of venturing out into the unfamiliar.
Post a Comment