Friday, July 18, 2008

Time With Meg

I have returned safely from my trip to Knoxville:) Meg and I had a wonderful time! We didn't do much beyond hanging out at the Kittrell's house and doing some final shopping for items for Laurel's arrival so my pictures aren't terribly intriguing:) But we enjoyed our selves very much. It was so weird to leave Knoxville knowing that I could be driving back over in a few days or a couple weeks and that the next time I see Meg she will have Laruel. (Mom, Dad, Me, and Mike are all driving over to Knoxville together as soon as we get the call that Meg has gone into the hospital.) 
One of the little projects we did was to wash and put away all Laurel's clothes. Below are pictures of her clothes pre-washing and then of Meg arranging them to put in drawers. Baby clothes really are the cutest things, next to the babies themselves!


Here is Will trying out my new Snoogle body pillow! I got this the other night and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who is pregnant or would like some "full body" support while sleeping, watching TV, reading in bed etc. It is so cozy to have it all curled around you while you sleep and it helps keep my body supported and aligned:) Will was making fun of me til he sat in it! (and last night Dave laid in it and declared that he wanted one as well, which the staff at Babies R Us warned me might happen, hehe:) Will is not using the Snoogle correctly in the picture, by the way.
On Wednesday night Meg and I made dinner for the family. She had been wanting to try a recipe called Chicken Supreme which was pounded out chicken breasts with Monterrey Jack cheese/herbs/butter rolled into the center. It was delicious! After you had the cheese rolled into the chicken you had to dip each roll into egg and then crushed ceaser salad croutons and while we were doing this part we started laughing really hard that the little chicken rolls looked just like hampsters. So we renamed the dish "Hampsters In a Pan." Needless to say, the Kittrell family did not find this name too appealing:)
No time would be complete without a silly face pic!
The Kittrells all, minus Dan who is in Gaithersburg, MD right now doing an internship. They are truly a special family and I always feel so loved and at home whenever I am there. Meg is a blessed girl to have become a part of their family!
Since we were going to stores with cute baby clothes I had to buy some things for Baby Kate:) Here are two of my favorite things I got her. The top one if from Babies R Us and I loved the color and how cool it looks. The bottom outfit is from Target and cost a grand total of $3. Hooray for end of season sales! I LOVE the elephant on the onesie:) Look at her beautiful eyelashes!

Well, that is all for now. I will hopefully remember to have Dave take a picture of my tummy when he gets home tonight so that I can give an update there.

2 comments:

Topharmers Wife said...

It looks like you and Meg had fun time!!I pretty much want that body donut thing, I looked at it at Babies R Us and coveted.... I will just enjoy my 4 pillows :)

kendra said...

i like the elephant too. Can we name her stella?