Saturday, November 8, 2008

2 Weeks

I can hardly believe that Kate is 2 weeks old today! Time is really flying. It's hard to find the balance between looking forward to when life begins to normalize and she sleeps through the night and savoring these early days of her being so tiny. The first 10 days were pretty difficult as I was experiencing "baby blues" and didn't really realize it. My feelings of being overwhelmed and wondering if life would ever be the same (or even remotely resemble what it used to be) rubbed off on David and led to some pretty "down" times for us emotionally. But on day 10 I woke up feeling completely like  my old self emotionally and the future seemed bright and rosy. It's crazy what hormones can do to you! I have had a much easier time since then. Thank you so much if you have been praying for us! This adjustment has knocked David and I upside the head in a way we hadn't imagined!
David and I are both enjoying Kate more each day. She is truly the sweetest of babies. She continues to be so content and her few fussy times are quickly soothed. We went out on our first date last night (thanks Granni and Pop!) and half way through dinner I already missed her so much! She is just so easy and fun to take care of and makes us laugh with all her little facial expressions! 
Here are just some of them for you to enjoy!
This is what she does when I am trying to wake her up to eat. Just goes totally limp and huffs and puffs as though waking up would be the worst thing ever.
She smiles in her sleep all the time! I can't wait til they become purposeful!
"Oh my goodness! Would you look at that!"

Meeting one set of great grands for the first time. David is blessed to have both sets of grandparents still living and here in Charlotte! Kate has so much doting family!
I love her skinny legs and perfect little feet.

Looking like a MUCH older baby then she actually is!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, she is looking cuter and cuter!

There are always new challenges when the old ones fade, so definitely savor the days!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! I can't wait to meet her, hopefully soon!!!!

The Nilsen Nest said...

Simply beautiful! Can't wait to meet her!

Charlotte Sandifer said...

aw anne.. what a cute little baby. so adorable. i am very much looking forward to seeing her tomorrow at church!! i'm sad i've been so busy to not be able to find a time good for both of us to come see her yet!!

in her first pictures i thought she looked just like david.. which she does a lot.. but in all these pictures i see so much of you anne! good to see the connolly gene in there. :)

kendra said...

i miss her. and shaynah and i got her a ton of amazing stuff this weekend.
i would like to visit you both please.

Steve said...

Such beautiful pictures, Anne. It was wonderful seeing her in person yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Anne,
She's adorable. I hope I get to see her (and you) when I'm there for Thanksgiving.

Love,
Mimi

B. Emerson said...

Thank you so much, Maytee, for keeping us up to date. I checked the blog so many times in between your "blues" and was thinking of and praying for you and Kate! Please squeeze her for me! Much love!