Saturday, November 22, 2008

Time Flies

Today our little munchkin turned 4 weeks old! These 4 weeks have flown by and each one has gotten easier and more fun. Kate is simply a delightful baby. She continues to be so content and eats and sleeps like a champ!  I feel kinda guilty for having such an easy baby. The Lord never ceases to amaze me with his blessings! 
We learn more about her all the time. She loves her bath and loves looking out the window, she prefers to be put in her bed to fall asleep (this one is a little sad, I love holding sleeping babies), she loves her paci, she hates tummy time, she hates her swing. The funniest thing she does is grunt (a very deep, manly grunt!) about EVERYTHING. Anyone who hears her laughs and comments on what a noisy baby she is:) It really makes us laugh. I think she is going to be very vocal...wonder where she gets that from? :)
I am loving being a mom more and more. Taking care of her feels very natural and I am having success with getting her on a routine, which makes me feel much more prepared for each day. I feel a little sad over how fast she is growing though! She already seems to have left the newborn stage. I am trying to savor her tininess:) 
Well, that is about all I can think of for now. For the most part I don't feel super exhausted from day to day but my brain stays pretty fuzzy so I know I am! 

On this particular night she liked her tummy time and David got some really adorable shots.
Do you think she looks at all like me? 

Sometimes she just conks out. It's super cute. 

This was her first real bath after her umbilical cord FINALLY fell off after 3 1/2 weeks! I love how much she enjoys her bath. She gets so quiet and content and just looks around peacefully. And wrapping her up in her towel after we are done is the most snuggley thing ever. 
Dad, if you are reading this, I thought you would laugh at this last picture because of her huge hands! 
There is the update! We are one happy household right now!




6 comments:

Meg said...

Will and I laughed at the "crazy hands" picture! Massive! We think that she is looking a little bit more like Laurel which translates into a little bit more like a Connolly I guess :-) She is completely adorable! I can't wait to see you and her at Christmas and (hopefully) in January!

Love you!
Sis

Anonymous said...

I am so glad everything is going well! Its amazing she is already 4 weeks old and looking so different. She does look a lot like you!!! Hopefully sometime in the next month or so I can see her again! I think that fuzzy brain stays with you for all of motherhood - or at least until the little ones are all big. :)

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry that was me.

The Nilsen Nest said...

I love the grunt! Looking forward to move opportunities to get together and for the girls to play!

kendra said...

i love her.
the one on your lap, it looks like you are making her dance.

Anonymous said...

so glad you updated! she is so precious!