Monday, December 8, 2008

Smiles All Around

***warning: this post contains a rather ridiculous amount of pictures. I couldn't narrow them down.***

Kate turned 6 weeks old on Saturday! In the last two weeks she has started to smile and coo! I think it is pretty much the cutest thing ever:) I took about a gazillion pictures of her this morning trying to capture a smile and was able to get a few. 
Her new favorite thing is "naked time". This is when she gets to lay on her changing pad with no diaper for a little bit. She kicks and waves her arms and talks and smiles up a storm! It's hilarious how much she loves it. I took all these pictures directly after naked time when she was still quite happy:) 
She gave herself a nasty scratch because I didn't trim her razor thumb nail in time.
This picture shows how big she has gotten! I can't wait to get her stats at the doctor in a few weeks.
Close range surprise face:)
"Come here, I wanna tell you a secret."
I love this one:)
Looking exactly like her dad while sneezing. (she and I both have a bit of a cold.)

Starting to smile!

Working those arms and legs!
I included this one to show how long and chubby her body is and how short and skinny her legs are. Last night David and I were laughing because he said she looks like Dogbert from the "Dilbert" cartoon strip. She really does:)

7 comments:

kendra said...

i love her
thank you for letting me hog her all day yesterday. it did my heart good
i love you friend

kendra said...

PS- goose... i tagged you.

Ashley said...

So cute, Anne! I love all these pictures. thanks for sharing!

The Nilsen Nest said...

Wow! She looks so big in these pictures! Good work, Mommy! Looking forward to seeing you both Wednesday!

Meg said...

What an adorable niece! I love the one where she is telling the secret. It must be a cousin thing, because Laurel loves "changing table time" she doesn't have to be naked, just on her changing table. She will almost always be happy when she is up there (she enjoys talking to the light on the ceiling!).

I can't believe how big she is getting...so excited to see her in only 15 days!!!!!!!

Dear Kate,

This is Laurel. I just wanted to let you know I am super excited about coming to see you at Christmas (by the way, I've heard that Christmas is a really great holiday and that we actually get presents!!!). You sure are getting big! Maybe someday we can share clothes (I love clothes!).

Love,
Laurel

Anonymous said...

I love her chub! Do you rememeber my babies getting super chubby the first six months and then thinning out? We have some truly hilarious pictures of Wesley's chub at 2 months. Babies are so fun!

Campbell said...

o my goodness that's funny. what a cute little "burrito"

i love the stubby legs - tell her ms Emily can relate. you'll be alright, girl!