Monday, December 22, 2008

A Day in the Life

I have come to realize that life with a baby is all about the immediate and routine. When she needs something she needs it quickly, and we do the same things over and over each day. I really love it. 
Every day Kate gets quite "drunk" after she eats:) She wears a bib because she is a messy eater!
She has some bouncy seat time every day. Today was the first day she actually watched the bubbles and little creatures! 
She laughs and plays with dad....
and mom!!!
Unfortunately, her favorite pastime is watching TV. She will sometimes stare at it for 10-15 minutes at a time (which in 2 month-old time is like an hour:) We will have to limit her TV time when she gets bigger I think!

Sometimes the shows get scary!
It's so hard to wake up from a deep sleep to eat!
Almost there!


Kate rides in her car seat almost everyday and isn't too fond of it....unless the car is moving:)

And after all that, who wouldn't need some sleep?

By the way, I highly recommend the Swaddle Me blanket she is sleeping in. She didn't seem to like it at first but I tried it again a few weeks later. Now it is one member of "The Indispensable Trifecta of Sleep" (aka, hat, paci, swaddle me blanket)

7 comments:

meghann said...

so cute! seth really isnt a fan of the carseat unless moving too:)

The Nilsen Nest said...

Thanks for the pictures Anne! Audrey loved her Swaddle too and she actually has the hat that Kate is wearing! So glad you are enjoying your time with your little girl!

kendra said...

FACT: i will be looking at this all day long.

the scary one made me laugh in a manner that others were able to hear me.
i think i want to print one and frame it. it will be my christmas present to myself.

Anonymous said...

I miss you and want to see her soon! Maybe we can work out a January date. (Any Tues afternoons available?)

Its so great to see pictures of her and hear of you enjoying motherhood.

mary said...

She is such a beautiful girl! I'm so glad you posted new pictures! We are ALL better now so we need to get together soon! Merry Christmas!!!

Meg said...

Laurel and I looked at the pictures of our adorable niece/cousin and we just can't wait for tomorrow! Can't wait to see you all :-)

Love you so much!
Sis and little cousin

Unknown said...

She's lovely, Anne.