Monday, December 15, 2008

Kendra and Jeanie both tagged me to go to my 6th folder and post the 6th picture. It's baby Kate being checked and cleaned right after she was born. She looks SUPER annoyed. I would be too:) 
Now I tag my SISTER

3 comments:

Denise said...

Dear Anne,

Of course I remember you! I remember your whole family. I think we met officially at something Joe called "BAMSTL" and I kept calling you "Meg". *rolls eyes* I try to be good with names, but oh well!

I remember your getting married to Dave, from different girls blogs mentioning it (Carolyn, Jeanie), but I did not realize you were a mother now too! To a little 8 week old girl - wow!

I went through and read all your history. It's fun catching up on what's been going on. I especially appreciated your honesty about the fear you felt about losing your little girl at birth. I have followed Molly Piper's blog (which I'm guessing maybe you have too) and her experience has touched me so deeply. Seeing someone go through such anguish and pain and heartbreak, someone who loves God and follows Him, brings our faith/trust in God straight to our faces. Do we trust Him because He's given us what we'd call "good" so far? Is it only because we've been blessed with little pain that we can so easily so "God is good." Obviously you confronted those same thoughts, as I have too. And I just loved the way you resolved it in your blog - that your daughter was God's anyway and her life was already in His hands. You said, "Should those days be shorter then I would long for He will supply the grace to walk through that grief." Then you talked about how much God loved to give His son for us. I love that you found truth through your fears, just as I've had to try to do time and time again.

I apprecaite and am SO humbled at any prayers you have offered for Jonathan and me through this hard season. I feel incredibly amazed that this little girl's life is the product of so many answered prayers! It's why we are naming her Elyana - "the Lord has answered".

I hope you don't mind if I follow your blog now, especially as you're a new mom I'm always eager to watch the new transition to mommyhood and a family from 2 to 3! Little Kate is utterly beautiful!

Love in Christ - Denise

Madeira girl said...

Hey Anne,
I wanted to let you know I went private with my blog, but would still love to have you as a reader (if you want!) I just can't find your e-mail anywhere! If you send me a message on mine, I can get you an invite! becky dot madeira at gmail dot com. Miss you and love seeing pictures of the baby!

kendra said...

baby and baby
i don't think you can even begin to know how deliriously excited i am about next week! we will party hard
I love you both more than you'll ever know