Our Baby Kate is home and doing so well! She is really the most content newborn! She is nursing near perfectly, naps long and soundly, and has amazingly long stretches of being wide awake and looking around at all her loving family.
That doesn't mean we are getting tons of sleep:) But so far I feel rested enough to function well with taking short naps. I didn't expect to feel so weak and tired after delivery (naivete of a first time mom!) I am really looking forward to being able to care for her when I am feeling strong and like myself again.
Here are some pictures of her!
This one should actually be turned the other way.
Sleeping in her cradle! She loves sleeping in our arms but does well when we put her in her bed:)
This was after her first bath last night. She stayed this wide awake for 2 1/2 hours after her bath! I couldn't believe it! Then she fell so sound asleep that she didn't eat for 5 hours so that wasn't great, but no harm done:)
Well, that's all for now. I don't know when I will be posting again, but I will try to keep updated. Prayers for healing (did have some nasty stuff happen with the delivery), strength, and continued grace would be much appreciated! Love you all!
11 comments:
What a gorgeous girl! I cant wait to meet her. =)...I will be praying for your recovery. The pics are great.
thank you for letting me visit today. i love you.
kiss those cheeks for me. i miss her already
She is beautiful!!! I can't wait to snuggle her!
She gets cuter and cuter with each picture. I must come over and hold her.
Love you, Mary
Anne,
She is adorable. I'll be praying for your quick healing.
Love,
Mimi
She is ADORABLE! I just love and miss my little niece so much! I can't wait until Christmas when I can hold her again. I am so glad she is doing so well.
I love you SO much!
Love,
Sis
Such sweet pictures!!! I love her mouth/chin in the top one - it reminds me of Savannah as a newborn. :)
Anne, she is beautiful. It sounds like she has many admirers already! :) I would love for you to come up and visit. I could use a smell of new born baby head... mmmm.
She is beautiful Anne!
I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see her sometime when we come and visit.
I'm praying for your recovery and transition into motherhood...I'm sure it will be a great adventure!
Anne,
I am soooo happy for you all :)
I will have to come visit soon so I can meet Kate!!
Love ya,
Bethany (Coda)
Anne,
I'm so excited and I've been praying for all three of you. I cannot wait to see both you and little Kate. Congrats!
-Rachel-
Post a Comment