Friday, October 3, 2008

The Final Weeks Are Here

I am now 3 1/2 weeks away from my due date! Pretty amazing. This pregnancy has seemed like it's lasted forever, until this past week when I have felt like it has just slipped by. I can't believe I am truly a matter of weeks away from having my first baby! In the Lord's great kindness I am still feeling really well and I don't have that "desperate to get her out" feeling yet. I am very excited to see her though! The desire to know what she looks and feels like is growing stronger. I go to the doctor next Thursday to start my once a week appointments. That will also be the first time I get "checked". Goodie. :) I'm sure it won't be bad and it will be fun to know if I've started progressing at all. Not that that will mean anything! She could still be over a month away if she decides to linger in her warm, dark home:) 
Baby Kate hasn't yet seemed to figure out that she is almost out of room! She continues to stretch and wiggle very vigorously at times. Silly baby. This is usually fine with me until she is grinding her feet around on my ribs. Also, now that her head is way down when she gets the urge to twist it about.....yes, not a cool feeling:)
Here are some pictures of my now pretty darn big tummy:) My lovely sis in law, Jen, was over today working on the mural in the nursery (check for pics of the finished nursery in the next week!) I asked her to take my 9 month belly shot and since neither of us are photographers, it took us a few tries:) Here are some of them:





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute! You look "all baby" and not bigger anywhere else!

I think the average first time mom goes 10 days late, if nature is allowed to take its course (realistic expectations make it easier in the end, I think)...but I always thought 39 weeks sounded SO much nicer!! Shall I put that request in for you to the Event Planner? ;)

B. Emerson said...

Maytee you are still looking lovely! :) I am so excited to meet Kate! I miss you and am praying for you and often think of our lovely weekend and brunch together at Toast!

The Brown Family said...

I love your pictures! God is so good! We just started a blog too- which has pictures of our kids from their birth on. I can't wait to see your precious girl on your blog!
http://thebrownsbanterings.blogspot.com/
Love you! Gisele

Ashley said...

Great pics Anne! I am so excited for you. I can't believe you are only a few weeks away from meeting little Kate....I cant wait to see the nursery.