Saturday, October 25, 2008

Baby Kate Is Here!

Hey peoples, this is David filling in for Anne. Well, Baby Kate has finally arrived! Anne started having contractions late Friday night and her doctor said to go to the hospital at 4:30 AM this morning. When we got there she was already 9.5 cm! Anne was having a really rough time, but then....the epidural came. It went perfectly and in 10 minutes Anne was her normal self, smiling and happy. The baby came quickly after not much pushing and both mom and baby are doing very well. Kate is 8 lbs 4 oz and 20.5 inches long, so she is pretty chunky! So far she has been amazingly peaceful, she has already fed really well and is content to just lay there and look around. She's hardly cried at all. I'm sure Anne will update herself soon, but for now I'll leave you with a couple pictures.




19 comments:

kendra said...

oh ooooooooooooooooooooh ooooh! i love her.

The Nilsen Nest said...

You look pretty proud David! Tell Anne I say congrats! Kate's beautiful! Enjoy this sweet time!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Anne & David! So happy for you both.

Campbell said...

Praise God for Baby Kate!

You be good, little Beauty, treat Mommy and Daddy well now - lots of sleeping and good eating. We'll be praying for you!

Adam, Em, and Eva

The Murphys said...

Hurrayyyy! Congratulations!

hhhccgcgvvcbbvbvgvb ( <--Keara says congratulations as well)

Reesa said...

I am so happy for you guys. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing little Kate with us. Teadles

Anonymous said...

she's beautiful!!! soooo happy for you both:)

The Brown Family said...

PRAISE THE LORD! She's absolutely beautiful! Thank you Lord!
Love you! Gisele for all the Brown's

Jeanie said...

Welcome baby Kate! She's beautiful! And Annie, way to go on the labor! I can't imagine 9.5cm and no epidural! Can't wait to meet her!

Melanie said...

Hey Anne & David-- It's Melanie (London's mom) :)
I am so excited for you guys! 9.5 cm when you arrived- that's amazing!!!!
It sounds like everything went perfectly Anne. We can't wait until baby Kate takes her first trip to Knoxville..

Jules Anne said...

Yay for baby Kate! I can't wait to meet her tomorrow. Give the little girlie lots of kisses from here aunt Julie. And Anne as said by others way to go on getting to 9.5 with no epidural!

LeahHawkins said...

I love the quote, "And Anne was not doing well.." that was probably putting it mildly! So happy for you guys! She already looks like Anne!

Madeira girl said...

Yeah! She's a cutie! Congratulations! By the way, bigger babies tend to be more content... take it from one who had 5!:)

The Honea Pad said...

Congratulations guys!!! I am so happy to see she has safely arrived and she is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to meet her and I am praying for rest and joy for you during this new transition! LOVE YOU GUYS!

kendra said...

um, i need to see her again. i am going through withdrawal... my arms ache. they miss her

PLEASE tell me when i can swing by. please/

B. Emerson said...

Maytee!:) Well done!! I am so happy and was praying for you and Kate all morning after Meg called to tell me you were in labor. Much love!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Anne and David! I hope I get to meet Kate when I'm down there. I'm glad everything went well.

Love,
Mimi

Anonymous said...

Anne!!!! Its kia!!! I am soooo happy for you!!!!
Love you and glad to hear all the fun details from Mom and Kayla's fun hospital visit!!!!
Cant wait to see her! I am so happy she is feeding well!!! (so i hear), and of course i loved it when all my babies fed quite well...as you know...maybe i loved it a little too much!!! LOL!!

love ya!!

kia