Thank you so much to any of you who prayed for us after my last post! Thankfully, our midnight adventure was a one night occurrence! Now poor Kate has a cold so she is sleeping extra long. It's her third cold in her 6 month life span which worries me a little. I guess that's part of having a winter baby. It's a mild cold, but I still feel bad for her. She seems cheerful and unfazed for the most part. I enjoy the excuse to get extra cuddles and rocking time!
Here are some recent pictures for my loving out-of-towners.
Kate grabs with all she's worth at anything and everything that comes into her line of vision. If I don't give it to her she just keeps reaching and straining until I either move it out of sight or put it within reach. She is super curious! Of course, everything gets shoved into her mouth with gusto:)
This time it was a little too big to bite on.
We are borrowing/storing this excersaucer from the Lechners and it has been such fun! Kate loves playing with all the toys. She has figured out that the hanging toys play music when you pull them. It also gives her good practice at "standing" and strengthening her legs.
She really wanted to hold the camera.
Her left eye has had a blocked tear duct since she's been born. It's harmless but aggravating. The other morning I went in to get her and burst out laughing because her left eye had gotten sealed shut with goop! She wasn't bothered by it at all and it looked so funny!
(Also, notice my shiny nose bursting out of the corner....niiice.)
4 comments:
I don't know why, but your Kate is just one of the cutest little girlies I've seen in a long time! Something about her reminds me of Elyana... maybe the big, beautiful blue eyes and really chubby cheeks?
Anyway, I was sorry to read about that night's sleep (or lack thereof) but your mother's heart for wisdom and yet meeting your child's needs really came out in it. When Jonathan and I were first trying to give Elyana a bed time (rather than it just being whenever she fell asleep) it was tough to let her cry AT ALL. And we'd have to talk/pray after she'd been crying, oh, about 5 minutes. We had one such occurance our first night where after 40 minutes I went in and then 8 minutes of rocking/nursing and she was ready to be put down to sleep. Constantly have to pray for wisdom!
Anyway, lovely pictures! Never had PB Capn Crunch, but looks yummy!
Poor Kate's eye! :D The picture of her reaching for the camera is priceless, too. Thanks for sharing -- love you!
i still laugh at the last picture. she is the best.
Captain Crunch aye? You husband eats what my husband eats... No worries about 3 colds in 6 months.. if she was in a daycare she would be sick all the time!
Post a Comment