This is the longest picture post ever! I should have broken it up into a couple different posts, but I thought of that too late:) I had an absolutely wonderful time in Maryland getting to see so many family members, and old friends, and places that were special to me as a child. It was rather emotional for me!
Kate did so beautifully on the trip. I was so proud of her! She was cheerful and content with hardly any naps for 4 days straight! She is very easy to travel with which I am grateful for.
Here we all are (minus Jon who was on the phone with Laura:) at the ORIGINAL Ledo's Pizza for lunch on Sunday.
Playing with the menu. I ordered Kate a grilled cheese, thinking she'd love it. Cheese is one of her favorite foods. She wouldn't eat it at all, but loved the french fries!
We got to spend Sunday afternoon/evening with our beloved Murphy Clan! They fixed us dinner, and let Kate nap in the kid's crib, they made us laugh, and gave us a place to crash. It was a really sweet day! Below is a picture of Kate and JJ (Josh Murphy Jr.) It was kinda funny to see them together because Josh and I have known each other our whole lives, and now we have kids!
The picture below is terrible, but it shows what a fun time we were having! Wait, everyone looks bored....Oh well, they weren't, right?
On Monday we went into D.C. for the day. It was SO fun! I absolutely love D.C. It feels magical to me:) We rode the subway in from Gaithersburg. That ended up being a lot longer then driving would have been , but that's ok.
The Models:)
Kate did not feel like looking at museum displays quietly, so she and I cruised around the lobby the whole time:) I didn't mind at all. I was happy for everyone else to get to see stuff and I just enjoyed my girl.
It was CHILLY
Only nap she got all day, poor girl.
I LOVE these two pictures. I never thought I would have such a cute baby!
On Tuesday, before we headed home, we went down to Tante (Mom's sister) and Onkle's farm in southern MD. It was a gorgeous day and I was filled with memories of the hours I spent there growing up! I LOVE the farm so much.
Tante had never seen Kate before!
Well, that's the end of out time. I am so grateful to the Lord for providing that trip and for making it so smooth and full of blessing! I will treasure the whole time up there!
3 comments:
Anne — I just love this post! The pictures of you and Kate downtown DC are the sweetest! And Kate has such a glowing countenance in all the photos. Love you lots!
Looks like you had a great time! I enjoyed all the pics. Kate is a cutie!
Sounds like a great trip! Kate is so cute. When I see pictures of her sometimes they remind me of Savannah. I'm not sure if its the big blue eyes or that sweet tempermant you can see.
Post a Comment