I took this picture last night at 38 weeks and 5 days. I will admit that I probably look at bit bigger then that in real life:) The black tank top is slimming, ha!
I had my ultrasound and 38 weeks appointment on Monday and I am so grateful that Sam's head is down and has also moved down quite a bit! He looks healthy and is growing well (the u/s gestimated 7lb 13 oz, but those are notoriously off in both directions.) I got a quick, albeit squished, glimpse of his face and he seems to look like Kate. He also has hair:) I am still 4-5 cm dilated but I'm not having any signs of labor. I think Sam is going to just take his sweet time.
I had to laugh yesterday because my OB had the nurse call and offer to set up an induction for after I turn 39 weeks (which is tomorrow.) My doctor seems to be pretty concerned over my history of fast labor combined with my already being 4-5. I told the nurse I was more comfortable waiting to let nature take it's course. She said that was ok but to make sure I head for the hospital as soon as I feel any pain. Then she said they don't want my husband delivering the baby on the road side and us ending up on the news. Ha! I informed her that no one is more concerned about that happening then I am and assured her we would head right in when I feel anything:)
So, for now I am just waiting. I have mentally been prepared for weeks that Sam would come early, but now I am realizing he could just as well hold off until late next week when I'm actually due. I do think we'll schedule an induction for next Thur/Fri if he hasn't come. Please be praying I go into labor on my own!
2 comments:
You look great, Anne! Praying for you and Sam.
Mimi
MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT IS ALMOST HERE
Post a Comment