Tuesday, August 19, 2008

30 Weeks and a Fun Date

I've hit the final 10 weeks stretch! Getting into the 30 week zone seems like a big deal. Hard to believe that starting next week I'll only have single digits in my weeks left til D Day! Little Girl seems to be doing well. She is definitely taking up more and more room! Those huge meals I was eating a few weeks ago are no longer a good idea (not that they were a good idea when I was eating them, ha!) A good night's sleep is getting harder to reach as are my toes:) But I still have nothing to complain about in pregnancy world. God has continued to bless me with a very easy and problem free experience. I passed my glucose screen but am now on iron pills for slight anemia. Iron pills are shockingly hard to get out of their packaging I would like you to know. But back to baby, according to BabyCenter.com she is now about 3 pounds....and I say, "Is that all!?" I am still at a loss as to how I am going to handle her being over twice this size by birth. Surely the balloon will pop before then? :) After 10 more weeks I will be so happy for her to be here, but for now I am still very glad to have more time to anticipate and prepare for her arrival. And to enjoy feeling all her cute movements. I will miss that when she is out! She's my little buddy:)
Tonight David and I went down to University City Lake and rode the paddle boats! I had never been on a paddle boat before and it was so much fun! The weather was perfect and the sunset was just getting pretty. I recommend it as a late summer date activity!
Heading off to the feeding frenzy!
The guy at the paddle boat rental took this and I was so pleased he did a good job. We don't have many pictures of the two of us during my pregnancy. 
Taken by the long arm of Dave:) I think it looks like I have a pillow stuffed up my shirt in this shot. 

This guy was very cool. I was surprised he let us get so close to him.
I am grateful to the Lord for providing these special times for Dave and I before Kate joins our family. The one thing I've been feeling apprehensive about lately, as I've considered her coming, is that we will really miss being "just the two of us". I'm sure there are things we will miss, but I am also sure that we would never trade having her to go back to being just a couple.  All the same, I am glad to make special memories right now!

5 comments:

The Nilsen Nest said...

You may be pleasantly surprised how much time you'll have together after the baby is born. Because she'll sleep and eat so often, you'll find yourselves home more, more time with Dave too!

kendra said...

i have always wanted to go on those boats. Always.
tell Kate I said "hello"

Kelley Murphy said...

It is great that you guys are taking the time to make memories just the two of you. Don't worry, though. As soon as she comes out, you won't want to go anywhere without her! =)

And don't even get me started on iron pills.

Kelley
www.murphfam.blogspot.com

kendra said...

I will explain it all tonight... loudly. And then explain to you where babies come from... just as loud. Which will confuse people, since you are with child.

Anonymous said...

You are doing great! The last 10 weeks are so exciting (albeit uncomfortable)!!!!