Saturday, January 24, 2009

Kate's First Trip to Boone

We headed up to Boone this past weekend to stay with the Flanigans and enjoy a 3 day weekend in the mountains (thanks to MLK Jr. Day). It was a really special trip for me because we went up this same weekend last year and I really wanted to be pregnant and found out while we were there that I was not. So to go back this year with a healthy, happy 3 month old was really special! Kate did great on her first out of town experience! Well, except for the first night when she woke up every hour starting at 3:45:) 
It snowed for alot of the time we were there so we got lots of time just relaxing with Chris and Kath, and Steve, Lizzy, and Jason as well as the whole Flanigan fam. It was hard to come home we had such a nice time!

Waiting for Daddy to finish packing the car...
Beautiful snowfall! I love snow when I can drive away to Charlotte and leave it behind:)

I love this picture! It is one of only a few of all three of us together! We were sitting on the porch of the Mast General Store. I think Kate was trying to pose like one of those old fashioned family shots where no one smiles and stands like a ramrod.

"You are going to put Jason beside me!?!"
"I am NOT sure how I feel about this!"
"Ok, he's not so bad after all."


Evidently Kate didn't think sitting on the old Coke case was much fun...
Jason picking out some sauces. He was crawling around on the floor and got his pants SO dirty. Lizzy is such a fun mom!
Kate really was having fun with Miss Laura! She wasn't quite sure about the general store at first I guess.
I really like this picture of the two of us! I am so grateful for my sweet baby. Even though I didn't get to do everything I might have wanted while we were there in order to care for Kate, she is more then worth it!
These two are going to be mortified about this picture in about 10 years! 

Well, that's a little sample of our trip. Next week I will give Kate's 3 month update. She turns 3 months tomorrow! Amazing:)

4 comments:

The Brown Family said...

Kate is so precious!! I love the pictures!! Thank you Lord for a great trip!

The Doty Family said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend, Anne! Kate is such a cutie! Miss you so much! By the way, I have felt a few "wiggles"! (I like your description much better than the gas bubbles that some said I would feel.) :)

kendra said...

this made me the happiest! i love the pictures of her and jason... tell squabs i love her

B. Emerson said...

Maytee -- I love the family picture at Mast General Store! What a precious one -- you should have that framed, it just looks so cozy. :) You are a terrific Mom and I know God is already using you to show His love to Kate. Miss you lots!