Thursday, January 29, 2009

My boogs turned 3 months old last Sunday! This past week has brought alot of changes! She can now lay on her back and bat at and eventually grab a toy hanging over her and then pull it to her mouth! For some reason I have been really looking forward to that milestone. I think because once she can play with toys she will be able to entertain herself more. It's really cute to watch her play:) She likes to sit in a Bumbo seat now (thanks Mary and Caleb Benton!) My favorite new thing though is how she vigorously pumps her arms and legs when she's getting changed (yes, naked time is still her favorite!) It's hilarious to watch! She gets so crazy and punches herself in the stomach and scoots backwards she's kicking her legs so hard. I had a video of it, but it won't format to the blog from my camera:( But David and I laugh at her all the time. 
She is also growing at an alarming rate:) 
The past couple of days have brought some challenges too. She used to lay down happily for her naps and sleep at least an hour, usually two. Now, she screams when I lay her down and then wakes up after 30 minutes and won't go back down unless I rock her. We are working on it! I am thinking more scheduled nap times are on the horizon. Every time you get something down with a baby they change on you! Part of the adventure.
She has such huge cheeks that you think she is a chubby baby, but she is actually pretty little in the body. Just very solid:) Poor kid

Ok, maybe she is chubby. 
Sleepy eyes after a nap
a couple times recently she has been so tired she has napped on the sofa. That is very unusual, but so cute.

Chillin in Dad's sink while Mom put her makeup on:)
She really does like the Bumbo! 

5 comments:

B. Emerson said...

I just love the photo of her laughing with her cute hat!! Love you both!

Meg said...

I just can't wait to see you and Kate in just a couple weeks. She is getting so big, fat, and adorable!

Love you so much!
Moo

Denise said...

You have such an adorable little girl! My favorite picture is the one of her on your bed in that adorable outfit with the flowers that look like lollipops.

She's not chubby but she's got some cheeks there! Way to go, I love to see a solid b/f baby!

Thank you so very much for your helpful comments on the need for antibiotics if a fever persisted. Thankfully Linsday tipped me off to that (I hadn't known) and then my mom said the same thing, and then you did! So I got more diligent on checking my temperature. Praise God the fever only lasted those few hours, and cleared up on its own. But in the future, it's something I need to know. I can't believe you had three in 6 weeks - what a trooper!

Yep, motherhood is just SO wonderful!

Ashley said...

Wow, 3 months old. I am kinda late reading this post, but I wanted to comment and tell you how gorgeous little Kate is. That 3 month stage is an exciting place to be. Amazing how quick they grow and learn. =)

kendra said...

i demand... DEMAND I SAY... more pictures