Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"The Most Fun You Can Have....."

  Last night Dave, Kate, and I packed up and headed over to the new Charlotte IKEA (woo hoo!) to explore. IKEA is one of Dave and I's favorite places to go together. We have been to the one in Atlanta twice. We couldn't wait to take Kate! 
One of the things I really like about IKEA is how family friendly they are. Most of the displays have children's items sprinkled through out and the cafeteria and restroom areas all provide little tables and chairs and toys. 
We had so much fun wandering around the display floor! Kate and I tested out lots of sofas, chairs, beds etc. while Dave admired art work and lighting. We barely made it down to the actual store part before they closed! 
Here are some pictures of Kate's experience:

At first she seemed like maybe she wasn't going to be too in to the IKEA experience
I don't think she liked this chair too much, but she sure looked cute sitting in it!
One of IKEA's things is to set up a whole living space in an incredibly small area of square footage. This little "house" had a nursery. It was so cute and cozy! I think I would really like living in a big city in a tiny apartment if I could have it look like this! It was quite functional too, the way they had it set up.
I found this lady bug/hippo/caterpillar and thought Kate would really like looking at it.
She did!
Testing out a high chair. This chair is really cool. It is so light weight and folds up totally flat. I think we are going to get one as our travel high chair. Kate was very interested in the pattern.
This is one of those chairs that you see in bathrooms so you can have your baby safe while you, um, "go". I have always wanted to put her in one cause I thought they looked like fun. I finally got my chance. 

We were in the Baby Care bathroom. As you can see, they had a leather chair with pretty drapes beside it so you could feed your baby. They had Diaper Champs and free diapers plus a toilet and sink for adults. It was so nice! 
Here Kate is piled high with our purchases. We were able to get two rugs (for the front door and kitchen sink) a little ice cube tray, and two cutting boards for only $11.75! Have I mentioned I love IKEA? :) It was a really fun evening!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took my first ever trip to IKEA last week. It was amazing!!!! I'm hoping to go back soon to get some kids rooms stuff for Savannah's transition out of the nursery.

kendra said...

yummy cutting board!
i had a blast with you 2! I was grinning the whole way to work

did you find your surprise on the computer yet?

Dina said...

Hey Anne,
I work for IKEA. Next visit come and see me. I work in Smaland.