Friday, March 6, 2009

Prayer

Tante ("aunt" in German, my mom's sister:) sent me this beautiful prayer from her devotional. It was very encouraging and envisioning for me and I wanted to share it.

"Dear Lord, I do not ask that thou shouldst give me some high work of Thine, some noble calling, or some wondrous task. "Give me a little hand to hold in mine. Give me a little child to point the way over the strange sweet path that leads to Thee. "Give me a little voice to teach to pray. Give me two shining eyes Thy face to see. "The only crown I ask , dear Lord, to wear is this: that I may teach a little child. I do not ask that I may ever stand among the wise, the worthy, or the great. "I only ask that, softly, hand in hand, a child and I may enter at the gate."
Author Unknown

2 comments:

Hilary Ann said...

Oh, I love that. Thanks for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet! (Though I'm not sure "softly" is how I would describe the journey in our household!)