I am a little late on my Rekindle post (Rekindle is our college ministry's spring break conference in Panama City, Fl) but Meg really wanted me to do one, so here it is.
I felt so blessed to get to go to Rekindle this year. Dave and I had planned not to go this year because of having Baby Kate but through the Lord's leading it turned out we could go! We have now been to every Rekindle. It has been such a special week in our lives. At the very first one in 2005 I had a lightening bolt moment when I realized that I wanted to marry David. I had no idea how he felt about me so it was an emotional time. 3 days later I found out he wanted to court me! We have been in various special seasons of our lives at each one since (engaged, newly married, pregnant last year, and now with a baby!)
I am pretty sure this was our last Rekindle so I tried to savor every moment and experience. It was a wonderful time this year. Dad and Joe gave wonderful, foundational truth messages. Worship was full of the Spirit and everyone had great times of play and fellowship.
Kate was truly amazing on the trip! She cried less then she would have at home on the 10 hour drives there and back. She slept like a champ the whole time we were there, and really enjoyed having so many people to hold and admire her:) I am delighted to report that I think she will be a social bug like her mama!
Here she is during our dinner time in the cafeteria. She didn't enjoy meal times much. I think she didn't like that no one was holding her, ha!
My bathing beauty:) She loved wearing her sunglasses which was so awesome. She would be upset out in the sun and then we would put the sunnies on and she was happy as a clam. It was great. I have some other really great pictures of her in her bathing suit in the pool but they are on Dave's camera and he hasn't uploaded them yet.
She discovered her feet while we were there! Now she grabs on and holds on for dear life with every diaper change.
Kickin back in her make-shift sun hut. I think the beach will be much more fun when she can sit up by herself and we have a little tent or beach umbrella. It was pretty impossible to be on the beach with her on this trip.
Enjoying the warm afternoon on the porch while Kate napped.
Kate's and my beloved "Miss Wiz"
The whole time we were there I was wanting to get a beautiful family picture on the beach at sunset. The time just never was right and so we snapped a quick one right before the meeting one night.......It wasn't all I had hoped for;)
Dave really wanted this to be real. Any one know where I can find a giant cone? :)
The beach there is just so lovely. Every evening the sunset was gorgeous. So peaceful.
Doesn't this look like we are standing against one of those paper back drops pretending we had been on a great vacation?
5 comments:
Thanks for finally posting!! I love getting to see you all (esp. Kate!). My favorite is her sitting in her blue seat on the table. Can't wait to see you all (hopefully fairly soon!).
Love,
Sis (and Cousin Laurel Anne)
Makes me miss the beach :) I'm so glad you, Dave & Kate could come!!! You make me want to get my pics on the computer now too :)
The last "fake" picture is beautiful! Hope to see you Wednesday!
So glad you're doing so well and enjoyed a fabulous week at the beach! Love you and miss our sweet times in Duck!
i like the family pic with kate wailing. it looks like she did tonight when she decided she did not want to have a content heart. *sigh*. guess i just need to keep speaking truth to her.
i love you
Post a Comment