We are having a girlie! Dave and I could not stem the tide and add another boy to the population of Crossway so we are going with the flow and having a girl:) I really pictured and wanted a boy, but now I am thrilled about Kate (although I will have to get used to thinking of her as a girl, she's been a boy in my head for awhile!) We are naming her Kathryn after my dad's mom who was MUCH beloved to our family. One of these days I will share about her on here. She was called Kate and hence so will our little lady. The doctor said she looks great! Nice and healthy. I am very grateful to the Lord for that as I had been very aware this week that her being healthy was not a given or a right. But God is SO kind!

This picture makes me laugh really hard because it looks like her little hand is a goat's hoof! Dave and I love it. (Her arm/hand is up over her right eye in case you can't figure it out.) We have also joked that our child's nose could be HUGE as there are large noses on both side of the family. From the looks of this picture she may be in for it! Hopefully her other features will grow into it:)

Here's her little profile. Doesn't it look like she's blowing bubbles? She was very docile during the ultrasound. Most of the time she was curled up in a ball. She did wave her arms and hide her face some though. In fact, she hid her face right when were trying to get the 3D pictures!

Look at that bicep! Looks like my workouts are doing her some good:) I actually really love this picture because Meg has one EXACTLY like it from Laurel's 20 week ultrasound. Such a cute arm.
Here I am! I still really feel good. I am learning that I don't have nearly the the stamina I did before. I full day of errands really wears me out! I have also dropped my blood sugar a few times which is kinda scary. I need to remember to keep a snack with me at all times. I can feel Kate moving alot now which is SO fun. For some reason though as soon as Dave puts his hand on my tummy she stops. I think she can sense the pressure and doesn't want to move. I hope she gets over that soon though so that he can share in the joy of her moving! We are growing ever more into a happy family of 3:)
We are heading off to the beach with my whole family tomorrow! I can not wait. I am so looking forward to relaxing and having so much time together (even Meg and Will are coming!!!) See you all in a week!
13 comments:
Woohoo! Now decorate that room!
Horay for my little niece, miss Kate. I am so thrilled about her and I can't wait to see the whole family grow and bond together. We love you all so much and can't wait to see this new chapter in your lives unfold.
Julie (for the other Malaments)
Yeah! A girly! I love it! I can't wait to see her ( I hope I will before she turns one!):) Congratulations. Half way there. Have a great time at the beach!
Wonderful and beautiful! Kate will be both. And her nose will be perfect. Eva's looked big too and now... well you know my daughter's great beauty. wink.
Love you girls
Em + Eva
pink timbs....ooooh yeah.
:o) i'm beyond excited about her.
Two Little Girlies!!! Mom told me yesterday!!! The cousins will be great friends I am sure!!!
love ya!
So happy for you all, so good to hear she's healthy and happy! Yay for little girlies! Congratulations! Hope the wait was worth it ;)
aw yay for Kate! she looks like a little cutie - hopefully she will look just her mom. ;)
~Kelley
Awww.... Anne, I'm so happy for you. I'm so glad you have a blog, since you're all at the beach now, and I'd have to wait til your Mom and Dad got back for the fun news! Girls really are sooo much fun! (We asked for one last time!)
Congrats on a girl!!! It will be really sweet for Laurel and Kate to be girly cousin friends together.
That is a blessed story about Kate's great-grandmother.
However, I am going to tell her she is my namesake until she believes it with all her heart. Poned. ;)
aw, my little bleating girlie! Sweet goat-girl!
Love love love you and sweet kate!
PS- whenever i see the picture of you, i think you want a high-five... or you are waving awkwardly. And I love it.
Post a Comment