Monday, June 30, 2008

Beach Pictures

Here are some of the pictures of our time! This was the first year we ever brought Fiona (Mom and Dad's yellow lab) to the beach and it was so much fun! She loved swimming, digging holes in the sand, watching people on the beach, sitting on the big porch. She had more fun then any of us did I think! 
There he is. The self titled "King of the Beach"! He lead his people with kindness, benevolence, and justice all week long. We all hailed his reign:)
One afternoon Will, Meg, Dave, and I took a jaunt into the little town of SouthPort. It was really quaint and fun! We saw old houses, antique stores, and got ice cream at Spike's Dairy Bar. 
In SouthPort, Meg and Will went to a little consignment store and bought these adorable things for Kate and Laurel! It's Kate's first Dress. I can't wait to see it on her next summer! 
The water in Oak Island is lovely and we had a nice mix of calm and more wavy days. The boys spent hours enjoying the water. It was the perfect temp!
Almost every afternoon a storm would roll through. It was really cool to watch them surrounding us on the beach! We didn't mind the storms because we would just head back to the big front porch and sit in the rockers and chat while it passed. Very relaxing. 
The Parks family very kindly offered to loan us their Bocce Ball set. It became a favorite beach activity. We had some very fun competition. I really enjoyed playing it and I am not a game person:) Thanks Parks!
The obligatory and much beloved "ugly, silly shot". HEHE 
Ahh, the power of brother-in-lawly love! Poor Will got a nasty sunburn one of our first days there. One afternoon it was "pins and needling" him so badly that he couldn't wait for Meg to get out of the shower and apply lidocaine/aloe vera gel to him. Below is what he resorted to:)


As I said, we all LOVED sitting on the house's front porch. Lots of rockers and deck chairs and sheltered from the rain while always breezy. It was my favorite spot all week. Mom and Dave and I would be first to arrive out there for coffee each morning and we all had time together in the evening. A big porch will be a must at Dave and I's next home!
Putt-Putt time! 


Relaxing at the "Leaky Tiki" after a hard putt-putt competition. Dave, Me, Mike, and Peter were the victorious foursome!
There were many other fun times of games, and dinners, and mystery shows, and just relaxing. But these are most of the pictures I got. It was a GREAT week! God is SO generous to bless us with such sweet family and sweet times. I am in awe of Him!

6 comments:

kendra said...

Oh Willy-bob... crazy boy.
He and david look super loving.

Meg said...

haha...I hadn't seen those pictures of Will and Dave and the aloe vera!!! They are hilarious...poor Dave :) You are inspiring me to put up my beach pictures too! I can't wait to see you in 2 weeks! I am thinking of the fun things we will do together.

Love,
Meg

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Miss you!!!

Liz Shea said...

baby tummy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jonathan Oldacre said...

Hey Anne!
I found your blog via Meg's. It looks like you guys had a blast at the beach. (thanks for posting btw, I had been checking Meg's for beach pictures for a while now!) I am SO excited that you are having a GIRL & I love the name Kate!!! I hope you visit Knoxville sometime soon!

Melanie O.

kendra said...

nannie-boo-face

it is peacock feathers. Just a small little one on the side. You shall see it at Ang and Kasey's wedding. Along with my fantastic orange dress. Will I match? No. Do I care? No.

I love you! And Kate! And even Dave!