Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Two Years of Wonderful

Today is David and I's two year wedding anniversary! They truly have been the best two years I've ever had. I used to wonder how I would ever love a husband quite as much as I loved my family...I still don't know how it happens, but I do know that from David and I's first night together he held every bit of my heart. I fell more in love with him that night then I ever knew was possible. I was very fearful before marriage that it wouldn't be as wonderful as my single life had been. God has overwhelmed me with His goodness to me in making David and I's marriage the happiest and most grace filled experience I can imagine. 
Much of the reason marriage has been so wonderful is due to the fact that David is wonderful!!! I don't know another husband who loves his wife as selflessly as he loves me. He is always desiring my happiness above his own, looking for and asking about ways he can serve me, and constantly laying down his life in little ways each day to bless me. He is very selfless!
He is also very serious about helping me grow in the Lord. He has firmly challenged and gently led me through the many struggles and sins I deal with. He greatly desires that both of us always be pushing on towards the goal of holiness. He is willing to "do hard things" for that to happen. 
He works hard for our family as well. He dives in and gives himself to his job, but also to caring for our household and managing all the responsibilities that entails and he doesn't complain about it....ever! I know so many nights he is tired when he comes home from work but jumps right into paying bills, responding to emails, mowing the lawn, and even helping me clean up dinner. He is a hard worker!
We laugh together and enjoy each other's friendship everyday. I can't imagine a more delightful companion. I can't believe he picked me:) Praise the Lord for his kindness to me!!!!! He has truly been good beyond my hopes (and they were pretty big!) 
I don't feel like I am sufficient to honor Dave as I would like to, but I hope all of you who read this know that I love and respect him with all my heart! Take a minute today to think about why you love and respect your husband/wife....and tell them about it! 

7 comments:

JJandFive said...

awwww... this is so sweet, Anne!
Thank you guys again for caring for my kids last night... and watching over Dad.
I loved coming home to such a clean house, too.
Ya'll are totally fab.
; )
J

Robin said...

Happy Anniversary Anne! (and David too)! Isn't it amazing what God does in our hearts when He joins us with that perfect match??? I love being married! And I know without a doubt there is no one else for me! It seems like we have been together forever and that is a great feeling! May the Lord continue to grow you together even closer and bless you as you begin your family this year! What an exciting time for you! YEA GOD!!!!

Anonymous said...

Its so wonderful to hear about God's faithfulness to you as went from struggling with fears about marriage to now enjoying the sweet blessings marriage entails. David sounds like a wonderful husband but I know he is equally blessed to have you! :)

kendra said...

yay!!! you were the purdiest bride I had ever seen!!!
Love you both

The Murphys said...

HAH! we FOUND you! You can run, but you can't hide!
~Kelley
www.murphfam.blogspot.com

Kathryn said...

Congrats, happy girl! Thanks for leading the way...We love you guys

P.S.This post needs a picture ;)

kendra said...

you never know. When you least expect it... BAM... there he will be.