David and I had a great trip to Charleston this past weekend. These pictures are all out of order because I am still learning how to upload pictures onto the blog. I hope you enjoy them!
A yummy dinner at Fleets Landing.
Breakfast at the second B&B we stayed at. I LOVED the berries:)
Dave and I on the Battery. We spent tons of the trip just walking around and enjoying the homes and gardens. They are so lovely this time of year! I had only been in the winter and summer before.
One of the views from the Palmetto carriage tour we took It was expensive but I highly recommend taking one. It was an hour long and we learned lots of interesting history and folklore about the city.
The bedroom at the second B&B we stayed at. We wanted to say here both nights but they double booked us so we ended up getting a deal at a very swanky place right on the battery, but we liked this one best. This room was actually an upgrade from the one we were supposed to have. I loved it! It was so airy and old fashioned feeling.
The people who worked at this glasses store said they have people come in all the time who just order frames with glass lenses because it's cool to wear glasses now! Think I should go for a pair?
Dave enjoying a break from our walking at Juanita Greenberg's Nacho Royale. We had the yummiest quesadilla EVER there. You can see a picture of it's delicious goodness below. If you like hip hole-in-the-wall Mexican you have to try this place. It was waaaaay down King Street. Well worth the walk:)
I love this picture because it makes me laugh. Dave wasn't quite sure what he thought of the massage chair at Brookstone. He came around though.
Breakfast at the B&B that was right on the battery. It was extensive as you can see!
You bedroom the first night. There was a tremendous thunderstorm the night we were there! Normally I am pretty scared of thunderstorms but this house is huge and has withstood 7 natural disasters that have hit Charleston over the years and who knows how many thunderstorms. I felt snug as a bug!
These were delivered to our room shortly after arriving:)
The view from the piazza of the first house. We sat up here for a long time the first evening and it was my favorite part of the trip. Looking out over the water with a soft breeze was amazing and talking with my love was so sweet. He is such a precious gift to me, my best, best friend.
I wish I could bring home for everyone the incredible smell of all the flowers blooming in the streets and gardens. We would be walking along and all of a sudden the air would just be filled with a soft perfume of blooms. It was SO lovely. Flowers were absolutely everywhere!
Well, that was our trip in brief (or not so brief, hehe. This was a super long post!) We had such a wonderful time being together and enjoying good food and a super cool old city. Can't wait to go back!
4 comments:
We have never been to Charleston but you have definitely inspired me to want to go more than I did before! It looks so beautiful! The B&B's are so cute!
I want to sit on that piazza! So beautiful and perfect. Did you guys end up swimming in your pool?
that man's face in the massage chair is my fave. I laughed.
I love you guys.
we need to hang out.
Looks like a beautiful trip!
Post a Comment