Mary and I got to travel to Knoxville for Meg's baby shower this past Sunday. We had so much fun! I was so glad to be able to be a part of that special time for my sissy. She truly was showered with gifts and will be well set when Laurel makes her appearance. The ladies at Cornerstone love Meg and do SUCH a good job of caring for her! Even though I'm so sad not to have her here I know she is right at home there. 
Meg doesn't even look pregnant in this picture! She has a super cute little belly. Laurel was rather naughty and didn't move for her Auntie Anne to feel. I was quite sad:(

A lady in the church made this dress out of left over material from the skirt Cherie wore for Meg and Will's wedding! Isn't that a special gift? This picture doesn't do the dress justice. It's stunning!

This is me holding Braden:) He is 5 weeks old. He belongs to Elizabeth who is a good friend of Meg's. They worked at the Cornerstone office together until Elizabeth left to be home with Braden. I love holding babies!

On Monday we went to Crib n' Carriage which is a little baby furniture and equipment store that has been in Knoxville for years. I found this crib and it is an incredible deal! It felt much more solid then alot of other cribs I've looked at and it even came with a mattress because of the sale they are doing. I didn't get it because I was a little thrown off my how low it is. I have been picturing a crib that came up more to my chest then my hip. I really do love this one though and the price is brilliant. What do you all think of it? Any thoughts on the ease of using a crib that sits lower and doesn't have to have a side rail that moves up and down?
6 comments:
I LOVE the picture of you girls and Mom...how fun for you three to share in this special time!!
hehe...I think I look super chubby in those pictures! So funny! It was SO FUN to have you and Mary here for the shower and for such a fun couple days together. Thanks so much for coming! Love you!
Annie-
Alathea's crib rail doesn't go up and down and it has never been a problem, as long as you can bend over and reach a newborn baby laying down. This can be hard in the taller cribs, which I would see as an advantage in this shorter one. The only disadvantage I would see is that you can't store much underneath it. I have 3 plastic storage tubs under Alatheas :). Storage wouldn't be as much of a problem for you all though.
I like the crib!
Love you
Jeanie
i do know that you look rather fetching next to it.
I really like that crib! I agree with Jeanie,it really is not that big of a deal when the side does not slide down. Both of ours went up and down and I never ever have used it!I would say as long as the matress will raise and lower you are fine.Plus the crib is really pretty so who cares, right?!? hehe
the only time i ever lower my side rail is to change bedding....as long as that is doable, i don't think you will actually use the lowering part much. love the color of the crib!
Post a Comment